A report by PIRG Education Fund, a nonprofit, found that two types of fidget spinners sold by Target have unsafe, illegal levels of lead in their making - almost 330 times more than the federal legal limit.
The retailer and manufacture both said the items are still for sale because they are being marketed to children 14 years and older, and are not subject to the stricter lead standards of toys for younger children.
PIRG called on Target and fidget spinner distributor Bulls i Toy to immediately recall the two fidget spinners and conduct further investigations into how such high levels of lead were found in them.
Target is selling fidget spinners with potentially risky lead levels, according to a new study. The center circle of the Fidget Wild Premium Spinner Brass tested for 33,000 parts per million of lead, the group said.
Roy Moore was ruled an impartial judge over views on homosexuality
Sexual contact, like that described by Corfman, with an underage person is a misdemeanor punishable by up to one year in jail. In addition to Corfman, three other women tell similar stories of Moore flirting with and pursuing them as young women.
In the meantime, U.S. PIRG still recommends for adults and children to stop using the fidget spinners. The federal limit for the amount of lead in children's products is 100 parts per million. They should also be watching out for any recall notices about the spinners.
Kara Cook-Shultz, toxics director at US PIRG, said regardless of how the CPSC classifies them, spinners are marketed as toys for kids and sold in toy aisles.
Lead exposure can be extremely harmful for children due to its developmental impacts.
This does not bode well for the not-so-rare fidget spinner, which has already been labeled with choking-hazard warnings by the Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC). Now is the time for it to stand up for consumers.
Facebook asks for nude photos from Australian users to combat 'revenge porn'
So, the solution to preventing complete strangers from seeing your nudes is... to send your nudes to a complete stranger. Antigone Davis, Facebook's head of global safety, said the system is being trialled in the UK, US, Australia and Canada.
"We can't sit idly by while children play with these toxic toys".
"Even small amounts of lead in toys can be ingested when transferred from fingers to mouth or from fingers to food", said national lead expert Helen Binns, MD, pediatrician at Ann & Robert H. Lurie Children's Hospital of Chicago and Professor of Pediatrics at Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine.
Facebook is asking for nude photos to fight revenge porn
The publication reports that Australia is one in four countries taking part in this "cutting-edge technology". Grant sought to allay concerns of users about what Facebook would do with the photos they upload.